Training Shorts – Carbon Monoxide

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless gas produced whenever carbon burns. When breathed, CO takes oxygen from the bloodstream. Oxygen-deprivation is damaging to vital organs and often fatal. CO can build up enough in an enclosed space to kill a person within minutes. Victims of CO poisoning can survive if the symptoms are recognized early and immediate action is taken. If not detected promptly, irreversible damage can occur to the heart or brain; death is not an unlikely outcome if CO poisoning is not dealt with and treated promptly.

In order to protect yourself and others from poisoning, learn the risks for CO buildup and take preventative measures.
Carbon Monoxide – English

Carbon Monoxide – Spanish