Tier II

Free Louisiana TIER II Compliance Lunch & Learn


Tier II Lunch and Learn

Avoid Costly State and Federal Fines. FILE A TIER II BY MARCH 1.

Do you have a 55 gallon drum of chemicals, product or hazardous substance?  Most companies do and yet those companies are not in compliance with the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act.

Tier II reporting affects almost all facilities that use, manufacture, or store hazardous chemicals and materials.

SRP Environmental Consultant, Doug Grant, EI, will explain the changes to the Right to Know Act and simplify TIER II reporting requirements for Louisiana and Texas. Plus, SRP is paying for lunch!

Thursday, February 15 2018
11:30 AM    |    Superior’s Steakhouse

Key Takeaways:

  • How Do I Know If I Need a TIER II?
  • How Do I Submit a TIER II in Compliance with the Louisiana State Police?
  • How Do Regulation Changes Affect Me?
  • What Else Can I Do to Maintain Environmental Compliance?


8 Key Chemical & Environmental Reporting Tips to Know


Environmental compliance is necessary to remain in business.   Many facilities feel intimidated by annual environmental reporting, like the Toxic Release Inventory Form R and Tier II Chemical Report. But SRP Environmental consultants have found that environmental compliance does not have to be intimidating.

Here Are 8 Tips for Annual Chemical Reporting

Tier I & Tier II Reports – Section 312

  • Do you have a safety data sheet for the chemical or product? Make sure to report it. SDS = Reportable.
  • Do you have more than 10,000 pounds of the chemical or product on any given site at one time?
  • Do you check the “List of Lists?” Depending on the chemical or product, there could be lower thresholds for hazardous substances. Always be sure to check the List.
  • Do you have forklifts or computer servers? Remember to include the batteries in the report.

REMINDER: Tier II’s are due every year on March 1.

Toxic Release Inventory Form R – Section 313

  • Do you know your reporting category? Categories are industry specific to include mining, utilities, manufacturing merchant wholesalers, publishing, hazardous waste and federal facilities.
  • Do you manufacture or process more than 25,000 pounds per year of a particular chemical? 
  • Do you store or use more than 10,000 pounds of a chemical or product? Make sure to distinguish between chemicals that are manufactured or processed and chemicals that are stored.
  • Did you know that TRI substances can be labeled as carcinogens?  TRI also contains persistent bio accumulative toxic chemicals (PBTs) and thresholds are substantially lower. Make sure to check the EPA for an updated list of reportable chemicals.

REMINDER: TRI Form R is due every year on July 1.

Source: Environmental Compliance Alert, July 3, 2017 & Jennifer Van Thomme, Chemical Engineer at GHD

Have Questions?  Talk to an SRP Environmental Consultant Today! SRP provides Tier II and TRI reporting services for many different types of facilities and companies.  Call SRP at (866) 222-4972 or email us below!


Tier II Reports Are Due March 1st


Tier II Reports Are Due March 1st

It is that time of year again: Tier II Reporting Time.   Between OSHA and EPA regulations, companies have quite a few deadlines throughout the year.  SRP Safety and Environmental Consultants are here to help you keep everything organized and up-to-date.

Tier II, also known as Community Right to Know, Reports are due March 1st.

A Tier II is required by the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA), sections 311 and 312.    Generally, if you have over 10,000 pounds of hazardous materials at any facility, you must submit a Tier II.  However, there are hazardous materials that have much lower thresholds.   Hazardous materials can be identified by obtaining information from a products’ Safety Data Sheet.

A Tier II Report includes information on all hazardous materials including amount stored on site, hazardous ratings, type of storage containers, etc.   This information is then passed on to state and local emergency departments including first responders and the fire department, as well as emergency planning committees.   This information is critical for first responders to know in the event a catastrophic event happened at your facility.  Knowing what is inside a facility and how to handle the hazardous materials can save many lives within the community.

Keep in mind that Tier II Reports are mandated at the state and local levels, therefore it is best to check State Reporting Requirement and Procedures.

Need Help Documenting Hazardous Materials?  Contact an SRP Environmental Consultant Today!  Call Us at 866.222.4972.

Established in 1996, SRP Environmental has become a premier turnkey consulting firm offering environmental, health and safety solutions to organizations in construction, manufacturing, agricultural, oil and gas, healthcare and property management industries.  SRP has seven convenient locations in Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Honolulu, Midland, Shreveport and Pittsburgh to better serve their clients.