According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), hospitals are the most hazardous places to work in America. A Safety and Health Management System can help bring a culture of safety into your medical facility. Hospitals are integrating their patient safety and worker safety programs into a single health system management that allows a more streamlined approach to making a safer workplace for everyone involved. SRP Environmental can help clients develop a Safety and Health Management Plan as well as implementation of strategies to improve worker and employee safety. A fully functional Safety and Health Management Plan helps hospitals realize the following benefits:
- Fewer injuries, illnesses and infections;
- Reduced costs for workers’ compensation claims and lower health insurance premiums;
- Less absenteeism and higher return-to-work rates following injury or illness;
- Improved work practices, leading to increased efficiency and greater patient safety and satisfaction;
- Higher job satisfaction, morale and employee retention;
- Enhanced reputation.