This position is: Full-Time Position With Travel
Position location: Charlotte, NC Area
About the Job
Geotechnical Field (Materials Testing) Technician
We are seeking an experienced Geotechnical Field (Materials Testing) Technician for construction monitoring and testing of soil, concrete, and other materials for residential, forensic, commercial, and earthwork as well as geotechnical subsurface explorations. Must enjoy working outdoors and traveling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with existing and potential clients;
- Perform field and/or laboratory testing, observation, and inspection of construction materials (e.g. soils, aggregates, concrete, asphalt, and steel);
- Prepare field inspection / testing reports;
- Perform field/lab inspections;
- Provide technical support for construction quality control activities;
- Perform soil and rock classification;
- Reading maps, following directions and interpreting engineering and construction plans;
- Plan and coordinate geotechnical laboratory testing programs;
- Prepare geotechnical project work scopes and proposals;
- Prepare geotechnical engineering reports and deliverables;
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects;
- Support management of geotechnical engineering projects, including project schedules, budgets and bill of materials.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience or the equivalent in training and related experience.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience with laptop computer use and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- AutoCAD drafting experience or equivalent experience is preferred.
- NICET Level I certification in Construction Materials Testing in one or more of the following categories: Asphalt, Concrete, Soils.
- ACI Concrete Field-Testing Technician Certification Grade I
- Certified in radiation safety and Nuclear Density Gauge operation.
- Valid state driver’s license and clean driving record
What We Offer:
SRP Environmental provides big growth opportunities with a small firm culture. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but we will also provide you with the opportunity to share in our success. You will work on diverse projects while providing high quality service to our clients.
In addition to competitive salaries and profit sharing, we provide, medical, dental, and life insurance-, short and long-term disability, and tuition assistance. Join our team where your contribution matters.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. SRP Environmental, LLC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists, and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply.