Acting as a single resource, SRP streamlines the needs of healthcare facilities across multiple departments. SRP works with healthcare facilities to ensure that OSHA and Joint Commission regulations are being met. Our hospital and healthcare services include industrial hygiene exposure monitoring, waste anesthesia gas testing, clean room surveys, biological cabinet certification, ergonomics, as well as health and safety training. Additional services include asbestos management, indoor air quality and disaster/large loss response.
Medical & Waste Anesthesia Gas Testing
- Evaluate potential sources of Waste Anesthesia Gases
- Develop a sampling strategy to determine employee exposures
- Develop Corrective actions based on exposure monitoring results.
Common Waste Anesthesia Gases Include Desflurane, Isoflurane, Sevoflurane and Nitrous Oxide.
SRP can provide personal exposure monitoring and air monitoring for potentially hazardous chemicals used in operating rooms, laboratories and other areas of a hospital. Common chemicals that SRP can monitor include:
- Ethylene Oxide
Indoor Air Quality & Indoor Environmental Quality
Poor environmental air quality in medical facilities can be detrimental to the health of both patients’ and staff. SRP Industrial Hygienists can perform Air Quality Investigations to identify the causative factors in poor air quality as well as developing mitigation procedures and corrective action plans to prevent recurrence of the problems.
Respirator Fit Testing
- Assist in the selection of proper respirators
- Conduct respiratory training
- Conduct respirator fit testing
Clean Room Surveys
USP 797 requires the following testing as part of the certification process:
- Non-viable particulate measurement
- Viable Sampling-Air and Surface
- Temperature and Relative Humidity