SRP’s Industrial Hygienists are experienced in the special needs of medical facilities including infection control, continuity of business and clean/sterile environments.
Acting as a single resource, SRP streamlines the needs of healthcare facilities across multiple departments. SRP works with healthcare facilities to ensure that OSHA and Joint Commission regulations are being met. Our healthcare services include industrial hygiene exposure monitoring, waste anesthesia gas testing, clean room surveys, biological cabinet certification, ergonomics, as well as health and safety training. Additional services include asbestos management, indoor air quality and disaster/large loss response.
- The SRP Environmental Asbestos Division has over 50 years of experience and can assist with Investigations, Project Design, Project Management, Air Monitoring, and Asbestos Management Plans.
- SRP's Catastrophe Response Team is specifically trained to mitigate risk and reduce liability in healthcare facilities following a fire, wind or water loss. SRP's industrial hygienists are experienced in the special needs of medical facilities including infection control, continuity of business and clean/sterile environments.
- The goal of ergonomics is to support people in what they do for work so that they are safe, comfortable and productive. The primary focus is on people and the tools and technology they use. Evidence supports investing in workplace ergonomics to realize improved performance, improved worker satisfaction, positive affect on recruiting and retention and […]
- Indoor environmental quality (IEQ) refers to the quality of a building’s environment in relation to the health and well-being of those who occupy space within it. IEQ is determined by many factors, including lighting, air quality, and damp conditions. Indoor environments are highly complex and building occupants may be exposed to a variety of contaminants […]
- The Joint Commission requires the following for accredited hospitals (EC 02.05.09): The hospital inspects, tests, and maintains critical components of the piped medical gas systems, including master and area alarms, automatic pressure switches, shutoff valves, flexible connectors, and outlets in time frames defined by the hospital. It has been generally accepted that periodic inspections should […]
- According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), hospitals are the most hazardous places to work in America. A Safety and Health Management System can help bring a culture of safety into your medical facility. Hospitals are integrating their patient safety and worker safety programs into a single health system management that allows […]
- SRP Environmental has developed an Ebola/Contagious Diseases Training Program to meet the challenges faced by personnel working with Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)-infected or potentially-infected patients. Our program combines elements from guidelines provided by the United States Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) as well as Best Practices […]
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasures Compliance The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requires all owners and operators of facilities that have above ground bulk storage tanks of oil of more than 1,320 gallons in one area or operate underground bulk storage tanks of 42,000 gallons or greater of oil be subject to the Oil Pollution Program under […]
- SRP Environmental specializes in Stormwater Discharge Permit services to small businesses and multi-state corporations with timely, cost-effective solutions for stormwater and wastewater discharge permit compliance, pollution prevention plans, facility inspections and employee training.
- The standards are intended to apply to all persons who prepare compounding sterile preparations (CSP’s) and all places where CSP’s are prepared. Compliance requirements depend on the type of ISO Designation the facility operates. USP 797 requires the following testing as part of the certification process: Non-viable particulate measurement Viable Sampling-Air and Surface Temperature and […]